Saturday 7 March 2009

CBT Course Module 1 Week 4

I can't believe that we are at week 4 of the course already! How time flies when you are enjoying yourself :)

We spent a lot of time thinking about assesing risk to the client, to the therapist and to others. I really enjoyed the time that I spent in the small group focused on risk to the therapist and the buzz of bouncing ideas off others, then bringing this back to the larger group and experiencing just how much wisdom and experience there is around me.

I always feel like there is a real value to talking about boundaries and I think it heightens my valuing of myself and of everyone I work with.

The thinking about boundaries on this course and the need for clear and concise communication within the CBT model are filtering through to my current client work. Boundaries and explicit communication are important parts of all counselling modalities and I can find my self slipping into fudged communication and boundaries that are more relaxed than they might be than if I was thinking clearly about them.

I am still not sure whether I am potentially an effective CBT therapist but focusing on risk this week has been helpful in my current work.


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: