Tuesday 20 January 2009

OCTIA


Well what a busy few days it has been for the OCTIA team!

We have booked a venue, built a website and started to talk to speakers for the first conference to be held in the UK for online counsellors.

So I am not surprised that I woke up this morning at 4.30am thinking about OCTIA!

I am really excited to be part of this project as I am sure we are pushing the boundaries of the technology as we look for solutions to stream live video and audio in and out of the conference and connect with Second Life.

Not that this technology hasn't been used before but more that is is becoming accessible to the ordinary person who isn't a technical expert.

I think that is part of what is making online counselling more accessible to everyone as computer technology gets more friendly and less terrifying .... some of the time :)

Check us out here www.octia.org.uk I am sure you wont regret it!

No comments: